Monday, March 5, 2012

Google Translate

A great translation web application that I find very useful for those of you that are learning a language is called Google Translate. The great thing about it is you can type in a word or sentence on one side and the other will display the specific language translation that you picke. Not only does it show the text, but if you click on it, it will show other ways to write the word or sentence. For example: father in Arabic can be Abb (اب), or Walyd(والد). It will show you both ways. Another great part of the application is there is a speaking icon that will actually pronounce the word. I always find it difficult and time consuming to search through a dictionary, when you have access to other great resources. An interesting little fact was over the weekend Iranian President Ahmadinejad congratulated Russian President Putin for victory in the election. A message was posted on an Iranian website and translated through Google translate.

www.translate.google.com






Student Feedback:


Blake - This app was a great suggestion and it will benefit me a lot. I have a cousin who is a priest who lives in Italy and most of his posts on Facebook are in Italian and I can't ever understand them. I just copied and pasted one of his posts and instantly got a translation. It has about
65 different languages too. Very user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment