Friday, January 27, 2012

Blake's Intro


Hello, my name is Blake Miller. I am currently a junior at Umass Lowell and majoring in Criminal Justice while minoring in Arabic. I currently reside in the quiet town of Merrimac, MA. (approx. 45 minutes east of Lowell) A little background history of me: I actually did not grow up here in New England. I was born in California, stayed there for a few years then actually spent the majority of my childhood in Arkansas. Then my family and I eventually moved up here about 15 years ago. I do have to say the weather can be a little rough at times. Still haven't gotten use to that. After high school I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with myself, so I joined the military. I spent a few years as an avionics and weapons technician and lived in San Diego. Now you can see why the weather is a little rough. I then made the decision to get out off active duty and get a degree. So this is where it brings me now.  I work as a dispatcher for a local police and fire department. My expectations for this course is to get a better understanding of the Internet and to actually learn on how do build a website seems very interesting to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Your intro is very interesting! Sounds like you have had quite the experience so far. It sounds like fun, traveling and being in the military! Sounds like you had a cool job haha, weapons technician! I do agree with you about the weather also, i still don't know why i am here. I would love to move to Florida! Maybe after college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake,

    I think that is pretty cool that you are minoring in Arabic. How did you decide that you wanted to do that? I used to live in California myself but I never got the chance to go to San Diego but I hear the weather is very nice there. I was from the San Bernardino area for half of my childhood and boy was it very hot there! I went back last July to visit family and I sure did not miss the weather there! Now I prefer New England weather! Lol.

    ReplyDelete